When you use your computer, you must have a good search engine to enjoy everything that the internet offers you. The most efficient search engine is Google Chrome. Unfortunately, at some point it may stop working correctly, preventing you from performing any task on the Internet.
In the following article, you will see different solutions you can use if your Google Chrome browser fails. In addition, you will see some alternative search engine options that can get you out of trouble.
What are the solutions to the most frequent problems in Google Chrome?
Your Google Chrome browser could fail for various reasons, your computer may have poor performance, the presence of a malicious file or virus, excess cache, and the browser version you have is very old, among others. Here are some solutions if your Google Chrome browser is not responding:
Clear Google Chrome cache
Your Google browser may not work well because it has a lot of caches stored. To delete the cache you must do the following:
- You enter your Google Chrome browser and click on the 3 points that are in the upper right.
- A menu will be displayed in which you will select ‘History’ and then click on ‘History’ again in the left panel that will be displayed.
- When the history tab opens, you will look in the left panel where it says clear browsing data.
- When the window is displayed you will select all the boxes, and at the top where it says ‘Time’ you will select ‘Since Always’, and finally click on the ‘Clear data’ button.
- If you want to enter faster to delete your web activity history from the Google Chrome browser you can use the key combination ‘CTRL+H’.
Refresh the browser
Another option that you can try is to update the Google Chrome browser, the first thing you should do is uninstall the version you currently have, to uninstall you will do the following:
- Open Windows Start and on the right-hand side click Settings.
- You will search and click on applications and choose applications and features there.
- Navigate down until you find the Google Chrome program, right-click on it and choose to uninstall.
- Finally, you go to the main page of the Google Chrome browser and download and install the latest available version.
Force stop Chrome
If your browser crashes, you must force stop it using the task manager. To do this you will do the following:
- Open the task manager by pressing ‘Ctrl-Alt-Delete’.
- You will click on the processes tab, you will see the applications that are running. With the mouse you will navigate until you locate the Google Chrome browser.
- Select the application, right-click, and choose the first option ‘End Task’.
- If you want to have quick access to the browser you can create a Google Chrome shortcut.
Modify the DNS
When your Google Chrome browser begins to have problems connecting to the internet, it is recommended to change your DNS server. To enter a new DNS server you must do the following:
- You open the settings found in the right panel of the start.
- Once inside, select the network and internet option in the left panel and then the ‘Ethernet’ option in the right panel.
- Within ‘Ethernet’ with the mouse, you will navigate down and select ‘Edit’ in the ‘DNS Server Assignment’ option.
- An edit DNS Settings window will open, click and select ‘Manual’.
- Another window called ‘IPv4’ will open, you will click on the bar below to activate it.
- Finally, where it says preferred DNS you color the new DNS and in ‘preferred DNS encryption’ you select the last option preferred encryption, without encryption allowed.
Which alternatives are the best alternatives to Google Chrome in Windows 11?
There are a number of browsers, each one offers you a different experience and services, below we show you the most used:
This browser launched by Microsoft turns out to be quite fast when surfing the Internet and despite the fact that it does not surpass the Google Chrome browser, it has exclusive features that make it quite interesting.
This is an excellent browser, its interface is very similar to that of Google Chrome, which makes it a good alternative. It also helps a lot with the performance of your computer, since when you open it, not so many processes are executed.