Reimage Repair is malware that sends constant advertisements through pop-up windows, alerting users of threats that do not exist or are caused by the program itself. In addition to that, it offers users paid memberships for the detection and removal of such viruses. Such a program can infiltrate your computer by downloading other software, causing constant PC errors.
How to Remove Reimage PC Repair
Having seen the effect of Reimage Repair on your PC, a list of ways to remove it completely is presented.
Uninstall it manually
To remove Reimage Repair manually, you need to type “ Reimage Repair ” in Windows search. When the program icon appears, right-click and select “ Uninstall ”. Finally, free the recycle bin.
Use an antivirus
Any antivirus can help you rule out unwanted programs or viruses from your PC, as with Reimage Repair. Among the most recommended are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, SkyHunter or AdwCleaner. In this example, we will use AdwCleaner, for this follow the procedure:
- To get started, you need to download it and grant the necessary permissions. Then open AdwCleaner and select “ Scan now ”.
- In case of detecting problems, click on “ Quarantine ”. Immediately a dialog box will appear warning you that this process closes all open windows so that you can save the changes in your documents.
- Then press “ Continue ”. After the cleaning is completed, it is necessary to restart the PC, so you must click on “ Restart now ” and the process will be finished.
Uninstall it from Control Panel
To remove Reimage Repair completely from the computer, you can access it from Control Panel by following these instructions:
- Simultaneously press the “ Windows ” + “ I ” keys.
- Go to “ System ” and type “ Apps & features ” in the search bar.
- Double-click on “ Reimage Repair ” from this last configuration and press “ Uninstall ”. You will receive a warning of loss of all program information, select “ Uninstall ”.
- Then a User Account Control prompt will request permissions for the app to make changes to the device. Click “ Yes ”. Finally, confirm that you want to uninstall the program.
Remove Reimage Repair from the browser.
Reimage Repair may be able to enter the computer again when you open the browser. To avoid this, follow these steps:
- Locate the browser icon and right-click.
- Select “ Properties ” and from the top options, choose “ Shortcut ”.
- In “ Destination ” you must delete the link after “. exe “.
- To finish, press “ OK ”.
Note: It is recommended to remove intrusive ad-supported extensions installed from the browser that may serve as camouflage for Reimage Repair.
Perform a system restore
If Reimage Repair ads continue to appear after checking with your antivirus, try restoring Windows System to a date before the ads started. To do this, in the Windows search type “ RSTRUI ”, double click and press “ Next ”. Choose the date and time of the restore point, then select “ Next ”. Finally confirm the restore point and click “ Finish ”.
Tips to Consider
These tips will be useful to avoid getting Reimage Repair again, or any other type of malware on your PC:
- Install a good blocker of ads and pop-ups, as these are often misleading and offer services to improve the performance of your computer.
- Avoid downloading suspicious programs that promise to clean your computer or remove potential threats automatically.
- Download a reliable and effective antivirus that can detect the entry of viruses into the computer and delete them immediately, in addition to reinforcing the security of the preferred browser.
- Keep the PC Software updated, in this way the quality increases and its errors decrease.