When the performance of your computer is affected by a drop in processing speed, it is because svchost.exe has launched multiple child processes on your system, causing infected files on your PC. That is why you can check this problem from the Windows Task Manager. If you want to know more about Svchost.exe and how to remove this virus, read this post.
What Is svchost.exe Virus
Svchost.exe is a legitimate Windows process that is run from Task Manager. One of the main features of Service Host is that it can run several processes at the same time and of different classifications. That is, a svchost.exe process can take care of services related to remote processing calls, network services, etc.
How To Find svchost.exe Virus
To detect if your computer has the svchost.exe virus, you should first enter the Task Manager and check the Service Host processes. It could be a virus when svchost.exe is somewhere else on your computer. Another way to check it is by considering the original name if it is written without “c” (svhost.exe) or with an additional “s” (svchosts.exe).
Note: Some malicious Service Host processes have an unknown graphic icon next to their name.
How To Remove svchost.exe Virus
After identifying the svchost.exe malware, the second thing you should do is remove this virus from your Windows. To know how to do it, here are three methods to fix this problem.
Delete it manually
If you want to remove this virus manually, you can do it easily. You just have to follow these steps to get rid of the threats caused by svchost.exe on your Windows 10:
- Click on the Windows logo and select the “Start/Shutdown” icon.
- Choose the “Restart” option while pressing the “Shift” or “Shift” key on your keyboard.
- In the window “Select an option” >> “Troubleshoot” >> “Advanced options”.
- You will see a dialog box under “Advanced Options” , choose “Startup Settings” option.
- Then click on the “Restart” button and press F5 to start the system in “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Using an antivirus
Using an antivirus is another of the most effective ways to remove the svchost.exe virus from your computer. In this case we will use Malwarebytes due to its great efficiency. If you want to learn how to use this tool correctly, follow this procedure:
- Download Malwarebytes on your computer and install the file.
- Open the application and click on “Scan Now” to analyze files on your computer.
- After finishing the analysis, restart your PC.
- Then go into Task Manager and check if the infected svchost.exe process has been removed.
Another way to remove malware produced by the host service is by using Autoruns. This program is responsible for controlling the processes that run on your Windows system. It also allows you to view suspicious svchost.exe processes. To learn how to use Autoruns as a method to remove host service viruses, follow these steps:
- Download Autoruns and install it on Windows.
- Then open the program, choose “Options” and uncheck “Hide empty locations”.
- Select “Hide Windows entries” >> “Update”.
- Locate the suspicious process in the list, right-click on its name and select “Delete”.
Eliminating the svchost.exe virus from Windows has not been as simple as until now that you know the proper methods to combat this type of malware in host service processes.
Leave a Reply